Joining BosBattle for episode No. 2 are Gwen Frey and Forrest Dowling, former Irrational Games employees who started The Molasses Flood, a Boston-based indie game studio behind the wilderness survival game The Flame in the Flood.
Here are a few of the things we talked about:
- How working on BioShock influenced the development of The Flame in the Flood
- The reception of their first game and whether it met their expectations
- What it took to start an indie game studio and keep it running, even when things got a little bleak
- How they got singer/songwriter Chuck Ragan to write The Flame in the Flood’s soundtrack
- Lessons The Molasses Flood is taking from The Flame in the Flood for their second, unannounced game
- The Molasses Flood’s website
- The Flame in the Flood’s website
- The Flame in the Flood’s soundtrack
- 2017 Waypoint article about The Flame in the Flood
Recorded at PRX’s Podcast Garage in Allston, Mass.