For the inaugural episode of BosBattle, we talked to Jon Myers, CEO and co-founder of Earplay, a Boston-based developer of interactive audio experiences.
Here are some of the things we talked about in BosBattle #1:
- How Earplay ended up working with the team behind USA Network’s popular show Mr. Robot for a narrative-driven Alexa skill set in the same world
- The unique user interface challenges associated with interactive audio
- What’s it like to release titles for a new platform like Alexa
- How a love for theatre and narrative storytelling in games led Myers to start Earplay
Prior to starting Earplay, Myers was a writer and narrative designer for Disruptor Beam, Owlchemy Labs and Zynga Boston.
- Earplay’s website
- Mr. Robot: Daily Five/Nine on Alexa
- Jurassic World Revealed on Alexa
- Codename Cygnus
- 2017 BostInno story about Earplay
Recorded at PRX’s Podcast Garage in Allston, Mass.